Applications and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
POSITION: Executive Assistant position is available immediately at a not-for-profit, national membership association in Alexandria, VA. Please apply with a non-boilerplate cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not include a cover letter and salary requirements will, without exception, not be reviewed.
SUMMARY: Chartered in 1940, the National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) is a professional association dedicated to serving the Office of Sheriff and its affiliates through law enforcement advocacy, training, and informational resources. NSA represents thousands of sheriffs, deputies and other public safety professionals, and concerned citizens nationwide. The Association is seeking to a full-time Executive Assistant to the Executive Office This position is located at NSA’s headquarters in Alexandria, VA, and is not a remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the Executive Office appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel;
- Reviews correspondence, arranges functions, and answers questions and meeting requests directed to the Executive Office;
- Drafts correspondence, memos and/or reports for the Executive Officer’s review and signature;
- Maintains all records, reports, and files for the Executive Office;
- Handles incoming calls and visitors for the Executive Office and initiates external contacts and meetings;
- Handles expense reporting, credit card reconciliation and other tasks as necessary;
- Communicates on behalf of the Executive Office with staff members, management of partnering and client agencies, NSA Board members, and others, including communications of a confidential nature;
- Serves as a back-up for several office operational/administrative tasks and provides limited support to senior staff other than the Executive Office;
- Intermittent travel is required, primarily at NSA’s semi-annual conferences. Also, the positon requires availability for occasional evening and weekend work as well as participation in Association–related social events.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities under tight timelines
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with a strong sense of discretion and diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills with expert proficiency in Outlook & other Microsoft Office applications
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required